At Art of Dental Care: Ellen Rado DDS, we offer the All-on-4® procedure for patients that are looking for a convenient way to replace missing teeth. If you live in the Green Brook area and have experienced tooth loss, we encourage you to visit our office to discuss the options available to you.
You Don’t Have to Live With Tooth Loss
There are distinct advantages to living in the modern world. One of these, from the dental perspective, is the ability to live without the stigma and challenges of tooth loss. According to the Periodontic Association of America, roughly 175 million people, of all ages, have lost one or more teeth and this number is actually expected to grow larger over time. What this has done is spurred growth in the replacement tooth industry and the revolution of dental implants. Dental implants are a way to get the most natural looking and behaving replacement teeth. However, the standard implant procedure is not always physically viable or convenient. In this situation, the All-on-4® procedure can be a better solution.
What is All-on-4®?
All-on-4® is a minimally invasive method of placing only four dental implants to support a full arch (upper or lower) of fixed non-removable replacement teeth. All-on-4® allows you to have a full set of teeth without having to undergo multiple surgeries to place a full set of implants in your mouth. The greatest thing about All-on-4® is that this procedure we can be typically completed in the office during one appointment under local anesthesia. For our patients who have lost all their teeth or may need to have the remaining teeth extracted due to decay, this is an amazing advancement that allows them to have a full set of teeth without undergoing multiple procedures. Simultaneously, this solution gives patients the kind of teeth that look real and act like the original teeth.
Who Should Get All-on-4®?
The simple answer is that anyone who has lost teeth and wants to have a permanent good-looking set of replacement teeth will benefit from dental implants. The All-on-4® systems offer people a chance to live a full and healthy lifestyle by replacing the teeth with implants over removable dentures. The ideal candidate for All-on-4® dental implants is someone who already wears dentures or is already missing multiple teeth. Additionally, this is an ideal procedure for someone that does not have the bone density to support a full set of individual implants, or the time to have all individual implants placed, or the budget to pay for them. The All-on-4® procedure is faster and more affordable.
Why Do People Prefer All-on-4®?
There are several ways in which All-on-4® implants are better than dentures. Patients take care of All-on-4® implants in the same way they care for their natural teeth by brushing each day. The implants also operate in the same way as natural teeth, so the patient does not have to be cautious of what he or she eats. Along with the fact that patients do not have to remove All-on-4® dental prosthesis when eating or cleaning the teeth, there is also no need for uncomfortable wires or brackets to hold the denture in place. Even more importantly for patients, the dental implants allow anyone to eat what the heart desires. You do not have to worry about hot or cold affecting your dentures. You also can bite down with up to 70 percent more force, which allows you to eat the foods that you love. Finally, All-on-4® dental implants look exactly like your natural teeth. No one will be able to tell that you are wearing a dental prosthesis. From a dental health perspective, it is important to note that when you have All-on-4® dental implants, it is going to prevent bone deterioration in the jawbone and ultimately restore your facial features by fighting resorption. The process of reverse resorption involves the dental implants stimulating the jaw and sending a message to the body that the jaw is supporting teeth once again. Many of our patients who visit our office notice a difference in their facial structure as a result.
The Process of Getting All-on-4® at Art of Dental Care: Ellen Rado DDS
Typically, the surgery takes approximately three hours per arch. Your All-On-4® Dental implants can be installed on your upper, lower, or both arches at the same time. The surgery is a complex procedure that can be completed at an efficient pace. The process of getting All-on-4® dental implants can be laid out in four steps:
- The first step: A detailed examination where we will look at your records, existing conditions, whether you have a denture and determine, what your facial structure needs are, and any other factors that may come into play when placing your dental implants.
- The second step: Typically involves CT scans, which are 3D pictures, of the jawbone. The scans include the positions of the future implants and replacement teeth, while also giving us critical information about the location of the bone, sinuses, and nerves essential to avoid during implant placement.
- The third step: Involves creating a computer simulation of the implants, which will be digitally positioned into the jawbone at the appropriate location to give you the most support from your replacement teeth.
- The fourth step: Finally, the most important step is the oral surgery. The dental implants will be placed directly into your jawbone to secure your new set of teeth in place.
Schedule a Consultation
At Art of Dental Care: Ellen Rado DDS, we can replace your teeth with this convenient and innovative procedure. To discuss the many benefits or to get started, call 732-424-8483 to schedule an examination and consultation with our Green Brook, NJ dental office.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Art of Dental Care: Ellen Rado DDS was established in 1997
- We accept the following payment methods: Cash, Check, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Somerset County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Green Brook, Middlesex, Warren, Watchung, Piscataway, Dunellen, Edison, North Plainfield, Bridgewater, Plainfield, Bound Brook, Martinsville, Stirling, Gillette, Fanwood
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of All-on-4 Dental Implants